Header photo

Header photo

Saturday, February 3, 2018

Stock-up review: the Aran style Jumper from Woolovers



(Colors from the Top: Navy, French Navy, Charcoal, and Kiltimagh)
Woolovers are a British based knitwear company established in 1989 that supplies quality made knitwear for Man and women at very competitive prices.  These Aran style sweaters are knitted from 100% pure wool.  I call them 'Aran style' sweaters because to my knowledge these are not knitted in Ireland or even the UK (If I am incorrect, I would encourage Woolovers to correct me and be more clear in their website).  In any case, I purchase these sweaters in the same great Aran pattern in four colors: Charcoal, Navy, French Navy and Kiltimagh (sort of a grey/green color) and honestly couldn't be more pleased with their product.  I can find no fault with either the quality of the wool or with the quality of the knitting.

(Charcoal)
(Kiltimagh)

(French Navy)

The overall knit patter is attractive and the knit very we executed:
(Navy)

One thing I really like about the Woolovers website is that each model/style of sweater and size of sweater has been individual unique measurement.  So you can determine your best size by simply measuring a sweater in your wardrobe that fits you thus enabling you to buy the size that best matches.  They even provide detailed instruction and photos of how they've measured this specific item, so basically it's foolproof.  Here for instances is the size chart for these Aran models.  I ordered size Mediums based on my preference for a very fitted sweater, giving me the ability to layer it under a jacket or sports coat.

MEN'S SIZING GUIDE

And in terms of sizing, I am very happy with how they fit, which I think is just ideal - not too tight, and zero bagginess.   The colors are also very nice and accurate as per their website. The Yarn they've uses are spun from individual fibers with light and dark tones, which when knitted have a great variation of color that just adds these pullover's wonderful texture and richness.

(Navy)

(Kiltimagh)

(French Navy)

(Charcoal)

 I've had these sweaters now since August (they were having a killer sale) and I've been enjoying wearing them all through this past Fall and early Winter (alone and also paired with many different tweeds) and can say with confidence that these jumpers are very warm and built to last.  I've had experience very minimal pilling (my pet peeve with knitwear). and no stretching of deformation in either the body, cuffs or collars.   I fully expect to enjoy wearing these Aran style Jumpers as cold weather companions for years to come.

Here are just a few of the many ways I have incorporated these jumpers into my outfits over the past months:
(French Navy)

(Kiltimagh)

(Charcoal)

(Charcoal)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Landless Gentry blog Is..

This blog has been percolating in the back of my brain for a while and I think now it's time to just dig in.  I will be sharing with ...