Header photo

Header photo

Friday, March 8, 2024

Pentrich Derby Boots From Stanley Biggs Clothiers


Pentrich Derby Boots From Stanely Biggs Clothiers

Pentrich Derby boots From Stanley Biggs Clothiers - These Pentrich boots from Stanley Biggs Clothiers just arrived this week and I am super happy with them.  Made Stanley Biggs by Heritage Bootmaker William Lennon (since 1899).  I have been wanting to dip my toes into the William Lennon rugged work boot experience for a while now, but have been a bit put off by their long wait times, so when I saw the post on Instagram from Biggs that they've got some pairs in my size available for immediate shipping, I jump on the opportunity.  

About 10 days later, here they are.  Wrapped as traditionally as can be with string and brown paper, it was like receiving a package right out of the first half of the last century:-)  All smiles here, I couldn't be happier with them, the UK size ten fit me perfectly, and despite the fact that they are built like a tank a surprisingly comfortable right out of the box.   


a couple of coats of Saphir shoe cream for extra protection and a bit of black polish at the toe box for looks and they look amazing.  incidentally, these are made from heavily oiled 'Pull-up' leather so a mirror shine won't be possible (not that I would mirror shine these workhorses anyway).


The Build:  

The construction is about as traditional a work boot as one could ever hope to find using sewing machines and BUSM Rapid Standard brass wire screwing machines to attach the prepared sole or throughsole to the leather upper. These machines, like just about everything about the build process are straight out of the late 1800's, so you can be assured that the boots made by William Lennon today are the very same that they've been making for the hard-working men of England for nearly 125 years.

Further details:

For the full explanation of the build process, please visit the William Lennon website here: Full Build process

For a video of these details: William Lennons at Stoney Middleton

And for the full company history: William Lennons Company History

The Unboxing:

Overall, I couldn't be more pleased with my first Stanely Biggs/William Lennon boots experience, and can assure you that these won't be my last.  I'm already perusing the Stanley Bigg online shop for my next purchase. 





























No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Landless Gentry blog Is..

This blog has been percolating in the back of my brain for a while and I think now it's time to just dig in.  I will be sharing with ...