Header photo

Header photo

Sunday, May 12, 2019

Unboxing and Review Fes boots by Txture



Cruising Facebook this past winter, dreaming about the arrival of the warmer days of Spring and Summer, I came upon these beauties: The Fès boots from the good people of Txture Indonesia.  Handmade (as are all Txture boots and shoes) from Natural undyed vegetable tanned leather uppers and heavily waxed chestnut colored calfskin with some great broguing details, I was smitten from the start.  I contacted them right away to put in my order (I think I may have been the first).

Love the split toe construction, and the brogue detailing and stacked leather sole and heels:

The Ecru colored laces look perfect with this leather combo



The Unboxing:
A couple of months later, I was rewarded with the arrival of the very first boots that I have ordered from Txture so far.  I say 'So Far', because I'm certain that I'll be ordering more pairs of shoes and boots from them in the future.  The box is basic but functional, the boots come in a nice branded cloth bag with a great brochure and extra laces.  On first sight, the boots are absolutely stunning everything the photos.  Stitched with contrasting Ecru thread, these have all the styling of a great summertime boot:








The lug sole caps will give great traction in the springtime rains

Love the customized my name in the footbed!

Love the look of the Norwegian Split-toe design




Materials and Construction:
Upper: Two-tone (Pull-up x Vegetable natural leather)
Lining: Vegetable leather
Footbed: Vegetable leather
Insole: Vegetable leather
Welt: Indonesian vegetable leather
Midsole: Indonesian vegetable leather
Outsole: Commando rubber pad:
Heels: Regular heels with half top piece rubber
Construction: Single stitches Norwegian Hand-welted

Fit: 
I typically wear size EU 44 or 44 1/2 (UK size 10, US size 11), but past experience with shoes and boots from Indonesia indicated I would be better served with size EU 45s and these fit pretty good, although a bit roomy, so my next order, I will go for size 44 or perhaps 44 1/2.  These boots start out as pretty stiff and will take a bit of breaking it, but there is no doubt that they're built very solidly and will be worth the work of breaking them in.



The Styling looks equally great with Chinos and Denims:







You can see the white creasing which appeared right away is a result of the use of this heavily waxed Chestnut brown leather.  This can be brushed away with a shoe brush:



No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Landless Gentry blog Is..

This blog has been percolating in the back of my brain for a while and I think now it's time to just dig in.  I will be sharing with ...