Header photo

Header photo

Sunday, January 20, 2019

Top of the Mark: Rugby Shirts from Kent & Curwen





I've been a fan of Rugby shirts since the 1990s, but for quite a while this most masculine of casual shirts has sort of fallen out of our consciousness.  However, in the past year or so, that has changed and I'm sure glad that it has.  Part of that change has been the new idea to use the rugby not just as an entirely casual shirt but also over a shirt and tie and pairing it with a sports jacket (especially Tweeds and Navy blazers) similar to how one would wear a traditional V-neck sweater. I had been struck with this look recently and decided that I would have to give it a try and in so doing add a bit of this rather youthful, collegiate look to my wardrobe. Some of my dear readers might wonder if  I'm a bit long in the tooth to be adding a youthful, collegiate look to my wardrobe?  To which I would say: 'It's never too late to have a happy childhood' or more conventionally: 'Youth is wasted on the young'.

Hunting for suitable, High-quality rugby shirts, I was happy to discover Kent & Curwen.  Since its founding in 1926, this traditional purveyor British sportswear has been making ties, cricket sweaters and of course, Rugby shirts for sports clubs throughout Britain and the UK.  Recently, having partnered with superstar footballer David Beckham, the brand and been revitalized under the creative direction of Daniel Kearns making some of the coolest sportswear in the business by drawing on traditional British sportswear themes and Kent & Curwen's own history in new and fun ways.

BTW: Kent and Curwen are having a huge season sale, which I strongly recommend checking out for some killer deals!

Here are some unboxing photos of my two recent K&C purchases, which I am very, very happy with.  The overall packaging and presentation are all in keeping of what one would expect from a high-end/luxury sportswear retailer with great attention to detail, etc:
















Here are some of the ways that I've been incorporating these great looking and extremely well-made rugby shirts into my rotation - they really do add a level of versatility and sportiness that is hard to beat:















No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Landless Gentry blog Is..

This blog has been percolating in the back of my brain for a while and I think now it's time to just dig in.  I will be sharing with ...