Header photo

Header photo

Friday, May 4, 2018

Close-up: Vintage Camelhair Prince of Wales Tweed


This jack is one of a couple of Camel Hair jacket I purchased last year on the good sirs at E & Bay, this time from the US website, that I have absolutely fallen in love with.  I've never owned a Camel's Hair and I can tell you, these are wonderfully soft, beautiful weaves.  This with the classic Prince of Wales check pattern with a beige inter-check, to my eye of the most sophisticated around.



Lined with light grey polka dot lining, which while nicely done and very soft, is a bit too delicate for my liking and snags rather easily.  Never mind, it has working button cuffs and arrived with a perfect fit for me.  If you are curious as to how to buy jackets/sports coats/blazers in ebay with the best fit, please vist my earlier blog post:  Closeup - Harris Tweed - Vintage Green Barleycorn with Over Check and an eBay buyers guide

And did I mention how incredibly soft camel hair is?  It's cashmere soft!






The center back seam is perfectly matched:


The Close-ups: 
Provided for my own enjoyment and for that of my tweed obsessed brethren: Grey Prince of Wales Check with beige inter-check.  This cloth is beautifully woven:






I love my Camel Hair jacket and am sure that it won't be my last.  I actively looking for a classic beige now.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Landless Gentry blog Is..

This blog has been percolating in the back of my brain for a while and I think now it's time to just dig in.  I will be sharing with ...