Header photo

Header photo

Thursday, April 5, 2018

Close-Up: Vintage Harris Tweed in Green with Red, Gold, Black and Blue Over Check.


Please notice the different ways this jacket will catch the light between the following two photos



Hello Tweed lovers, featured here is a jacket that I have shown in at least one 'Today's Outfit' post and of course, in the header to this blog.  However, I've just realized that I've not done a complete review.  This great looking Harri Tweed jacket is one of my very favorites - green with a nice bold overcheck in Red, Gold, Black, and Blue, it's easy to match especially with a light blue or royal blue sweater and a tie/pocket square with blue and burgundy color scheme.  This jacket was an Ebay.co.uk find, which is a great source for pre-owned tweed jackets.  If you are interested in shopping jackets online, I encourage you to read my recommendations in a previous blog post



This Jacket had a perfect fit right off, without any need for tailoring and came with great looking tan leather covered buttons.   A perfectly matched pattern on the center back seam and pocket flaps is always a good sign of quality.  




The lining of this jacket was also flawless.  In fact, I don't think this jacket had been worn more than just a few time, as I recall some of the pockets had still be sewn shut when it arrived.  Amazing to me that someone would buy such a lovely tween and never wear it:






The Close-ups: 
Provided for my own enjoyment and for that of my tweed obsessed brethren: Harris Tweed in Green with Red, Gold, Black, and Blue Over Check.  As is nearly always the case with Harris Tweed, upon closer inspection the range of colors in the weave is amazing, adding up to a richness and depth of color that is just phenomenal: 





Here are a few of the outfit's in which I have worn this jacket:





No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Landless Gentry blog Is..

This blog has been percolating in the back of my brain for a while and I think now it's time to just dig in.  I will be sharing with ...