Header photo

Header photo

Tuesday, November 12, 2019

Cordings Piccadilly - Autumn Shirt Promotion!!




What-ho Gents!  Cordings of Piccadilly is running their Autumn shirt promotion again this year and I wanted to give all my readers and followers the head-up to go check it out.  The Deal is 3 shirts for £120, which represents a substantial savings of £29 per shirt!  This includes all their shirts in stock including cotton flannels, a wide selection of Tattersalls, needle corduroy shirts and even their classic linen shirts.  I'm getting 3 more this year as soon as I can decide which!

Last year, at their promotion I bought 3 shirts, which featured in a blog post back in February (one tattersall and 2 herringbone weave cotton flannels).  I had never purchase Cording shirts before and I was concerned that they had described their cut as follows:

'Our shirts have a traditional generous cut; we haven't skimped on cloth, ensuring ease of movement.'




I had mistakenly read into this description that their shirts were going to be billowy and oversized, but that (happily) turned out NOT be the case at all. While not what I would describe as super-slim, the cut was I think a nice medium slim and the main difference is that their shirts are cut very long so that they will remain in place and not become untucked throughout the day.

The overall quality is really outstanding.  Made with Mother of pearl buttons!   Of nicely weighted cloths and well stitched with double fold-over seams throughout. These shirts will certainly not bust a seam while in the field on peg!  The Tattersall is a cotton and merino wool blend for extra warmth  - perfect for the colder months here in Bavaria.  The Sky Blue and Olive Herringbone shirts are beautiful brushed cotton and again are cozy warm when the temps drop.  These shirts having a brushed texture finish don't take crisp ironing like a standard cotton or linen shirt, but they also don't generally hold wrinkles either, which is nice of all-day wear.





These photos were taken today.  I think these shirts still look great and have held up well even after a year in my rotation (Although admittedly, they were stored away over the Summer months):





I tend to pair mine with knitwear and tweed as the temps drop and they, as one would expect, do so with aplomb.




1 comment:

  1. I’m just awful at tying an ascot. Yours is perfect. I vacillate between my Virginia tweed hunt country roots and Texas bohemian. This makes me wonder if you are indeed a Virginian. Regardless, still very classic and well-dressed. Now....off to read more.

    ReplyDelete

Featured Post

Landless Gentry blog Is..

This blog has been percolating in the back of my brain for a while and I think now it's time to just dig in.  I will be sharing with ...