Header photo

Header photo

Thursday, October 31, 2019

Perfect Boot Option for Winter - Meermin's Dark Brown Softcalf with Shearling Lining!



Looking for a great winter boot that is both cozy warm, can be worn well with dressier outfits and affordable is not as easy as one would expect.  I had been an admirer of Meermin Mallorca for a while but had never taken the plunge, however, then they posted up these boots last January, I finally broke down and ordered.  And, I must say, that I'm happy I did.

The shearling-lined Dark Brown Softcalf is just as advertised, the outside leather is buttery soft and the inside is cozy warm - lined in high-quality shearling lambskin.  It's made on the 'Hero' last, which I think is one of the most popular, and is nice and sleek, giving the boot a streamlined dressier appearance

The Unboxing: 
These boots were very well packaged, as one would expect for shoes/boots in this price range, including cloth dust bags.











First wearings:
The fit for these size 10UK/11US/44EU boots is spot-on, Meermin has indicated that adjustments have been made for the Lambskin shearling lining so that you'll have no need to size up - just order these boots in your standard shoe size and they'll fit properly.

Needless to, although I will restate it again, these boots are super comfortable and super cozy right out of the box.  They look fantastic.  I must confess that within a day of their arrival, I spend about 2 hours shoveling snow in them, which being dress boots are not really what they were designed for, they they did work marvelously and were none the worst for wear.










And in their natural habitat:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Landless Gentry blog Is..

This blog has been percolating in the back of my brain for a while and I think now it's time to just dig in.  I will be sharing with ...