Header photo

Header photo

Thursday, September 21, 2023

University Striped Wool Scarf by Ryder & Amies



University Striped Wool Scarf by Ryder & Amies

College Striped Wool Scarf by Ryder & Amies - I know that here in Germany at least, August hardly seems the right time to order a wool scarf, but it turns out (not surprisingly) that this is the slow season for ordering these from heritage university outfitter Ryder & Amies of Cambridge England and so inspired by some Ralph Lauren ads that I had recently seen, I found myself planning ahead for once and designing my new favorite University striped scarf on the super Ryder & Amies website.  

The Design Process:

The design and order process is really so much fun to do and I have to say that in August at least, their turnaround time is astonishing - from the time of order to its arrival in my mailbox in less than a week!  With 6 stripe patterns and 24 colors to choose from, the number of possible combinations is massive, so it's very unlikely that unless one orders one of their pre-designed university school patterns, you are unlikely to NOT have a one-of-a-kind item.  Best of all, as you can see below, their prices are beyond reasonable for a custom item!

Choose a Scarf Pattern



The Inspiration:

My inspiration thanks to Ralph Lauren (I love the Cricket jumper too, but this will be the subject of another blog post):



The Results:

This is the second self-designed scarf that I have ordered from Ryder & Amies and as with the first (which you can see here), I couldn't be more happy with the results.  There are still a few companies out there that truly understand great value and customer service.  Ryder & Amies are top-shelf in this regard.

Love the Ryder & Amies heritage patch as well!








OK, I'm no Ralph Lauren model, but overall I think the results are satisfactory:



No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Landless Gentry blog Is..

This blog has been percolating in the back of my brain for a while and I think now it's time to just dig in.  I will be sharing with ...